Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics
According to PMI’s ‘Global Talent Gap Report’, nearly 16 million new project management roles will be created across the world in seven project-intensive industries such as: manufacturing, construction, oil and gas, business services, finance and insurance, information services and utilities. However, only individuals with the right skills and experience will be able to be a cut above the rest and bag high-paying project management job roles across the world.
The U.S. demand for project practitioners is expanding by more than 12%, resulting in almost 6.2 million jobs in 2020. Total employment for project managers will increase by 60% in India, 33% in China and more than 40% in the UAE.
Key values that established project managers bring to the table:
- Leadership Skills: A project manager should be able to motivate and inspire team members to achieve common goals.
- Problem Solver: Should come up with a solution or find a workaround if there are any roadblocks in a project.
- Effective Communication: 90% of time during a project goes in communicating with stakeholders and the team members.
- Cultural Awareness: A culturally aware project manager can avoid miscommunication and conflicts in a team.
- Being an Optimist: Embracing change to bring new ideas and innovate during the project lifecycle is the hallmark of a good project manager.
- Credibility: Prior work experience and deep industry knowledge build the credibility of the manager and enable him / her to receive respect and support.
- Digitally-Savvy: Staying updated with the latest Project Management tools and techniques that optimize workflow will set apart a project manager determined to succeed.
- Knowledge of other Frameworks: Having knowledge of Agile, Program and Portfolio management will be of immense value down the line.
Invensis Learning specializes in providing globally-recognized certification training courses such as PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2, ITIL Foundation, ITIL MALC, MSP, P3O, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Cloud Computing. We also offer other certification courses related to ITSM, Quality Management, Project Management, Program Management and Technology Training.