H5P has revolutionized the elearning industry in past few years because of the freedom to create interactive content easily. It is getting more popular day by day because of the ease it provides in creating, sharing and reusing the interactive content. Since the release of the official H5P moodle plugin, it stays in the top 5 most downloaded activities plugins.
H5P allows you to create and reuse interactive content across various devices without installing any special software. You can create new H5P activity right within your browser. There are many activities out there and you can choose whatever suits your need. We had covered the top H5P activities for Moodle teachers.
Getting H5P Moodle Plugin:
Without installing the official H5P moodle plugin also you can embed H5P activities by embedding them in iFrames. However, by using the H5P plugin, you can record the grades of students for the H5P activities in Moodle gradebook. You can download the latest version of the H5P Moodle plugin from the moodle plugins directory here.
Writing / Uploading H5P activities in Moodle:
Writing a new H5P activity is a simple process with H5P Moodle plugin installed. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Add a new H5P activity in the Moodle course.
- Give it a name and a description. Also specify the grades for this activity which will be recorded in Moodle gradebook.
- In the Editor Field – You can choose to upload existing H5P activities created on some other system or create new H5P activities.
- Choose the proper activity type and select the behavior settings.
- Once you are done, just click Save and Display to see how the activity will be shown to students.
Embedding H5P in Moodle:
While the above method will work fine but the H5P activity will be displayed as another link on course page. What if you can add the H5P activity right within the course page as a Moodle label?
Dan Jeffries shared a new way to use the H5P activity right on the course page. He used a new Atto H5P plugin which is not released officially but you can use it for testing through GitHub. If you are interested in embedding H5P activities right on your course page, check out the video below: