Are you looking for a free Moodle training? Do you want to learn Moodle in an activity based learning environment? Your chance to learn Moodle is here with the next Learn Moodle MOOC starting from 2nd Jan onwards.
Learn Moodle MOOC is an online training course for aspiring teachers who would like to use Moodle as their teaching platform. The MOOC course is run by the creators of Moodle i.e. Moodle HQ. The course provides an ample opportunity and learning resources to create Moodle courses and start teaching immediately after completing the course.
The MOOC runs twice a year in January and August with huge participation from all around the world. In the last edition of the MOOC, more than 6000 participants took part in the course. For this upcoming edition, we expect the number of participants to raise to a higher level of about 7500.
The course duration is 4 weeks and can be easily completed by spending just 3-4 hours per week. The course outline is as below:
- Week One (2 – 8 Jan) – “Getting Started”
- Course set up
- Discovering blocks
- Adding documents
- Week Two (9 – 15 Jan) – “Getting Involved”
- Adding course materials, images and media
- Engaging learners in collaborative activities
- Week Three (16 – 22 Jan) – “Making The Grade”
- Setting assignments
- Assessing with quizzes
- Viewing the gradebook
- Enrolling learners
- Week Four (23 – 29 Jan) – “Taking It Further”
- Exploring advanced Moodle features
- Saving and re-using courses
- Accessing Moodle Partner training
If you would like to participate in the Learn Moodle MOOC, then you can sign up here: learn.moodle.net. Currently, the Introduce yourself forum is available where you can start interacting with the enrolled participants.