Today, Moodle announced an updated release of their Moodle Mobile App. The Moodle Mobile 3.2.1 release brings with it a number of features and improvements at enhancing users experience and performance.
Juan Leyva, Moodle Mobile team leader, highlighted four key new features of Moodle Mobile 3.2.1.
“We are excited to launch Moodle Mobile 3.2.1. In line with Moodle Mobile 3.2 major release in November last year, this update has focussed on continuing the harmonised experience between the web and mobile version of Moodle,” commented Juan.
“It is important to note that the new features will be accessible only in Moodle 3.2 sites or with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.”
“So if you need assistance to firstly upgrade your website, please contact your local Moodle Partner or join the discussions in the Moodle for mobile forum on moodle.org.”
New features in Moodle 3.2.1 include:
- Glossary entries: Moodle Mobile users will be able to add glossary entries with attachments, such as images, documents or videos, so that users can view them all in the one spot.
- Messages & notifications: Users can view their unread messages and notifications count even better as they are now displayed in the app icon (for iOS) and in the app menu item.
- Web & mobile harmonisation: As part of Moodle’s focus towards a more unified experience between the web and mobile version, the site home displays the same options as via the web – including search courses, browse categories and more. This feature will work with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.
- Configure your Moodle Mobile features straight from your Moodle site administration: Turn on custom menu items and custom language strings, disable features and use the option to enable users to log out completely from the App. Please note this feature requires the latest version of the “Moodle Mobile additional features plugin” and will be included in Moodle Mobile 3.3
Juan also noted that there are a number of improvements in Moodle Mobile 3.2.1 which will help users get more things done directly on their mobile device.
“Some of these improvements extend to messaging functionalities that will allow users to communicate faster and smoother in the App,” said Juan.
“We have also been working with our UX team so users can enjoy several UX and design improvements that can be seen in the new Participants page and Grades page.”
“We have also made enhancements to the media components of Moodle Mobile, along with navigation and activities improvements.”
“A full list of the improvements in Moodle Mobile 3.2.1, along with detailed information on the four new features mentioned above are now available in our release notes.”
Organisations and institutions can now also access all of the latest functionalities, innovation and stability of Moodle Mobile combined with their own custom branding.
“The Branded Moodle Mobile App is a hassle-free solution for institutions and workplaces that use Moodle to have their courses available to their learners on a mobile app, with their own branding, and have it completely supported and maintained by Moodle,” explained Juan.
“To get a Branded Moodle Mobile App, simply call your local Moodle Partner or if you don’t have one, visit moodle.com/mobileapp and we can help you find a Partner.”
To find out about the new features and improvements more detail and to join the conversation on Moodle Mobile 3.2.1:
- Download Moodle Mobile App via Google Play (available now) or Apple’s App Store (in a few days time)
- Use #MoodleMobile or tag @moodlemobileapp in social posts