Source: Moodle Mobile 3.3.1 is now available – Moodle.com
July 28, 2017
Moodlers, behind the scene our Moodle Mobile team have been busy with:
- Releasing Moodle Desktop
- Working on new features and improvements for the next version of the mobile app
We’re pleased to let you know that as of today, Moodle Mobile 3.3.1 is now available for downloading from the Google Play store and, in the next few days, from the Apple App Store.
Our Moodle Mobile Team Leader, Juan Leyva, commented that Moodle Mobile 3.3.1 further extends the focus of our previous major release (3.3 version), on improving user experience and performance.
“There are four key new features and improvements in Moodle Mobile 3.3.1, all of which are aimed at making mobile learning even more accessible and innovative for all users.” said Juan.
“It is also important to note that you will need to have update your Moodle site to the 3.3 version to be able to experience the new features in Moodle Mobile 3.3.1.”
Let’s take a look at what’s in store for Moodle Mobile 3.3.1:
- Database activity is now supported in Moodle Mobile 3.3.1 so learners can browse and add database entries, even when offline. With this new feature, learners are able to do more of their learning directly on their mobile devices, wherever, whenever.
- Lithuanian and Serbian (with two options of using Cyrillic or Latin alphabets when writing in Serbian) translations are now available in Moodle Mobile 3.3.1. New translations mean that Moodle Mobile is even more accessible to our global community of users.
- There are also improvements in media handling so that all our app users are able to watch videos or listen to audios embedded in lessons easier.
- Users will be notified when they try to access features that require internet connection. These notices will clearly let users know what they can access through their mobile devices when wanting or needing to learn offline.
As always, a full list of improvements can be viewed on our release notes.
We hope you will enjoy Moodle Mobile 3.3.1. We also look forward to your feedback, comments and of course, involvement in making our app the best there is for our educators, students and learners.
You can join in the conversation on everything Moodle Mobile via our Moodle for mobile forum or tweet us @moodlemobileapp